This policy was last updated 21/05/2018
This document has been written to be as transparent and as concise as possible, using plain language (jargon kept to the minimum!) for the users ease of understanding.
Please check back regularly to review this policy, as we strive to constantly improve our processes and ways we protect your privacy. If you feel this policy is unclear in any way please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- we will never sell your personal data
- we will never give personal data to third parties, other than to fulfil our obligations to you, our customers
Who are we?
Matrix Office Supplies is your friendly supplier that offers a one-stop solution to all your office supply needs! We are based in Bristol, England and supply businesses all over the United Kingdom.
What information do we collect?
During the normal course of business we will obtain data such as:
- organisations legal and trading names
- individuals names and job titles
- contact information such as telephone numbers and email addresses
- demographic details such as address and postcode
- other information relevant to providing our service to you
How do we collect your information?
Matrix Office Supplies only trade B2B (Business to Business) – as such, if you are not already a customer you will only hear from our sales team if you are a business and we think you will have a legitimate interest in the fantastic products/service we can offer you.
We will only have your data on file if you have provided it when opening an account with us. We will ask you to confirm your details in writing (via email) to ensure it is accurate and complete.
How do we use your information?
Your data is required to enable us to supply you with our goods/services, and;
- for internal record keeping
- to send you promotional emails, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting using the email address(es) you have provided (see further details in the marketing section further down this policy)
How do we share your information, and why?
Your details are never shared with any parties unnecessarily – parties we must share your data with will/may include:
- our suppliers and their couriers, to source and deliver goods to you
- our back office provider, so we can process your orders and invoice you accordingly
- our accountant and accountancy software provider (Sage 50 Accounts Professional)
- entities to fulfil legal obligations (e.g. debt recovery; HMRC investigation)
- if it is a ‘Public Task’ (e.g. the police require your information)
The security of the information we hold
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical (intruder alarms with police response, CCTV etc), electronic (password encryption, anti-virus software) and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
In the highly unlikely event your personal data has been breached we will report this to the affected individuals within 72 hours. Details of the breach and how it was dealt with will clearly be documented with supporting incident logs.
How long do we retain your information?
As a limited company registered in England, we are legally required to keep your data on file for a minimum of 6 years since the end of the last company financial year. If you have traded with us in that time frame we will be unable to completely delete any data we hold on you. Our financial year runs from January to December.
We are not here to pester you! You can unsubscribe to our marketing communications in the same way we deliver them – whether that be verbally over the phone, by email or in writing by post if you prefer.
If you have unsubscribed to marketing emails and still receive unwanted communications, please inform your account manager who will update their lists accordingly to ensure this does not happen again.
Our sales team may analyse your historic spend to establish products that you may be interested in, that you currently do not buy with us.
Cookies and our website
- Some pages on our website include links to third party sites e.g. social media. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements/policies and Matrix Office Supplies is not responsible for their operations or information practices.
- Our website collects cookies to perform better. When you click onto our website you will be alerted to this fact and will have the option to learn more about cookies and how to turn them off if you wish.
- If you use our contact form/subscribe function, you will be prompted to tick/leave unticked certain boxes in relation to the information you are providing and how we will use it.
The accuracy of the information we hold
If you spot any errors in the data we hold please let us know straight away and we will update our systems accordingly. We would normally ask for this in writing to ensure we definitely have the correct details and to ensure the request has come from a valid source.